Transcripts & Transfering in Credit

To be official all transcripts must be sent directly from the granting institution to the S&T admissions office.  Copies received and sent forward by the student are not deemed official.  However, we may use unofficial transcripts to let a prospective student know what sort of deficiencies they have prior to submitting an official application with an official transcript.

Credit may be transferred in, however the rules state that undergraduate credit can not be used for graduate credit.  Only graduate credit can be used for graduate school.  We do not accept any undergraduate credit for our undergraduate programs (certificates and minor). A total of 9 hrs of graduate credit may be transferred in for a Masters degree but the course work must be of acceptable standard and content.  A list of pre-approved classes from our university partners is listed under the courses tab.  If you wish to take a course elsewhere that is not pre-approved whilst you are taking your MS or PhD you should first obtain approval for transfer in advance.

For those persons with a suitable graduate degree (MS or MBA), this may be used towards the first 30 credits of the PhD program, subject to approval by the explosives program faculty.

To take a Masters or PhD the GRE exam is required.

Full details for university procedures for admission application can be found at the admissions web page:  future graduate students and further information on transferring